Founding Product Designer
Please see full details about this opportunity and application instructions on our website.
At Sparkwise, we’re on a mission to make the best learning accessible to everyone. We want to unlock the full potential of professionals and organizations everywhere.
We’re pioneering a new type of online learning that is active and multiplayer: people learn by solving fast-paced challenges, live in groups.
We’re an early-stage startup backed by top VCs (freshly funded), looking for team members who are excited by our mission and the opportunity to truly shape a company.
👋 Where you come in
We’re growing rapidly. Our products are growing in scale and scope every day, and ensuring an incredibly engaging and memorably delightful user experience will always be a core focus and differentiator for us.
We'd love to welcome a teammate who’s excited to take the wheel on building the company’s foundation for product design and work closely with our founders and engineers to execute product vision, with opportunities to grow your role in building our design team as the company grows as well.
Could that be you? 😎
💥 What you’ll do
- Drive overall design strategy and vision for our products—present and future
- Move designs from concept to wireframes to final rendered assets
- Work with engineering, product, leadership, and importantly our customers to ensure outstanding UX/UI across all touch-points (website, emails, web apps)
- Build and iterate on an approach to user research and testing
- Communicate design concepts and rationale to broader team
- Establish and foster a strong design culture, processes, and standards
- Over time, help hire and mentor other designers as we grow
🌟 Who you are
✔️ Your experiences:
- You have 5+ years of full-time professional experience designing and shipping digital products, ideally with some experience in an early-stage startup
- You have an impressive portfolio of case studies that showcase your skills and expertise
✔️ Your skills:
- You can own the entire end-to-end design process from stakeholder goals and vision, to user research, to design explorations and discussions, to considering business and engineering constraints, to final user flows and interfaces
- You have up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments, and trends
- You have extensive knowledge working and collaborating with design software like Figma
- You can teach us frameworks for how to think about visual design, typography, layout, and visual hierarchy
- You can instill a strong design-centric mindset and culture as a design leader
- You can balance the need for excellent design with the need to move and iterate quickly
- (Nice to have) You have experience with front-end development; we love designers who can code up their frontends or dive into polish alongside engineers
- (Nice to have) Experience with communication design, willingness to help with marketing materials and other assets
✔️ Your mindset:
- Ownership: You are self-directed, are excited to own and see results fast, and have a strong bias for action
- Collaborative: You are transparent (you build in public!), proactively seek feedback at every stage, and are eager to incorporate new ideas or business needs into design iterations
- Fast-moving: You balance speed with quality (you are comfortable with imperfection!)
- Eye for scalability: You design with scale in mind, not just the immediate feature needs
- Growth: You care about professional development in all areas, and are excited by the idea that the company’s direction and your responsibilities will continuously evolve
- Passion: You are motivated by our mission to make impactful learning accessive to all
💖 Why you might be excited
✨ Catapult your career:
- You get to be a core member of a team that brings deep domain expertise and connections to top investors and operators.
- The more ownership you show and the more impact you drive, the more opportunities you’ll get to grow as a leader within the company.
✨ Make an impact:
- We have an opportunity to transform the work lives of millions of people.
- You'll be given a lot of autonomy, and infinite room for growth. You can help us define and refine what great all-around UX look like.
- You’ll shape the trajectory and culture of our company as a core team member.
✨ Work with a caring team:
- We’re eager to help you grow as a whole person. The 3 founders are proven and caring people leaders of diverse and distributed teams (references available!).