Senior Product Engineer
Please see full details about this opportunity and application instructions on our website.
At Sparkwise, we’re on a mission to make the best learning accessible to everyone. We want to unlock the full potential of professionals and organizations everywhere.
We’re pioneering a new type of online learning that is active and multiplayer: people learn by solving fast-paced challenges, live in groups.
We’re an early-stage startup backed by top VCs (freshly funded), looking for team members who are excited by our mission and the opportunity to truly shape a company.
Where you come in 👋
We'd love to welcome an all-around teammate who’s excited to build the company’s engineering foundation and execute product vision, with opportunities to grow your role in building our engineering team as the company grows as well.
Our products are growing in scale and scope every day, and ensuring an exceptional user experience will always be a core focus and differentiator for us. A reliable and robust platform is critical to further our mission.
What you’ll do
- Own core areas of our products and platforms, from tooling to feature prototypes to selecting frameworks and establishing patterns and processes
- Discover, cross-prioritize, and translate business requirements into engineering decisions
- Make architectural decisions across our infrastructure and application stack
- Communicate engineering decisions, status, and outcomes to broader team
- Work with leadership, design, and importantly our customers to ensure outstanding product experiences across all touch-points (website, emails, web apps)
- Establish and foster strong engineering culture, processes, and standards
- Help hire and mentor other engineers as we grow
Who you’ll work with
- Ari, our CTO, with decades of experience in the intersection of learning and technology, as well as managing roadmaps and stakeholders
- Cheng, our Founding Engineer, who has built products and platforms at startups of all sizes and industries
What you’ll work on
- Our modern stack is simple yet robust at scale, for both users and developers:GitHub for code hosting and CI/CD AWS for hosting assets, containers, and databases
Pure TypeScript application stack with frameworks like:Prisma for interfacing with PostgreSQL databases Express.js for REST APIs React for the client Third-party integrations like Auth0 and Twilio Video
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of full-time professional experience building full-stack product software, with some experience in an early-stage startup
- You have extensive experience with industry-standard tools and frameworks
- You have experience with full-stack web app deployment, release, and operations
- You have proven judgment in balancing constraints to optimize outcomes, including long-term business success and product vision and the short-term need to iterate and learn quickly
- Ownership: You are self-directed, thrive in ambiguous situations, and have a strong bias for action
- Collaborative: You proactively seek feedback at every stage, and are eager to incorporate new ideas or business needs throughout the development process
- Growth: You care about professional development in all areas, and are excited by the idea that the company’s directions and your responsibilities will continuously evolve
Why you might be excited
Catapult your career:
You get to be a core member of a team that brings deep domain expertise and connections to top investors and operators.
Make an impact:
We have an opportunity to transform the work lives of millions of people.
Work with a caring team:
We’re eager to help you grow as a whole person. The 3 founders are proven and caring people leaders of diverse and distributed teams (references available!).