Full Stack Engineer
🛍 Halo is a fast-growing startup on a mission to build the future of commerce.
🤑 Today, Halo uses group discounts to supercharge peer-to-peer referrals. We reduce the cost of acquisition for DTC brands while creating a fun, social and rewarding shopping experience for consumers.
🤝 In the long term our vision is to be the platform that facilitates 1:1 selling between millions of top brands and their customer communities.
🚀 We just raised a pre-seed round, are planning a buzzy launch later this year, and we’re looking for a talented full-stack engineer to join us on our mission. This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing startup on its way up and massively shape our product, team and culture.
About the role
You’ll be the first full-time engineer for Halo. Initially you’ll work with our existing team of engineering contractors to get up to speed and take ownership. We are looking to hire two engineers in the next 6 months and you’ll get a say over who we hire for the second position.
Key activities include:
- Work with a small team to build, maintain and continuously improve our existing consumer-facing e-commerce marketplace (web app), our backend infrastructure, 3rd party integrations (including a Shopify app), and internal tooling for merchandising, analytics, and operations. You will be touching all parts of the stack.
- Be a key contributor to Halo’s future by participating in roadmap discussions, weighing in on architecture decisions, working to understand our customers by reviewing or attending discovery sessions, and proposing new features.
- Define and build engineering culture at the company. You’ll be part of a key team of early engineers who have the opportunity to shape our processes around engineering, design, testing, hiring, etc.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are collaborative and communicative.
- You genuinely care about getting to know your teammates and take pride in seeing your team succeed.
- You take ownership over delivering work that is high quality and on time.
- When things don’t go as planned, you’re flexible and propose new solutions.
- You self-identify as scrappy and find innovative ways to get things done faster or better.
- You’re excited to join a company at the 0 to 1 phase and be part of incredible growth.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience as software engineer
- Owner at heart & problem solver
- Proficiency across our existing stack (React, Typescript, Python, Django, AWS, etc.)
- Ability to design, architect, build and ship new features from scratch
- Comfortable balancing the needs of a fast-growing startup with building software that scales for the next stage. You should be able to context switch quickly between different efforts and prioritize.
- Strong product sense, opinionated about good design, willing to speak up to advocate for building the right thing.
- Curiosity about our customers (brands and shoppers). Desire to understand them, empathize with their motivations, and build software to solve their problems.